“Platinum diamond rings are at the top of the class..”
Platinum diamond rings are some of the most popular rings in the World but before we look at why, a little history lesson…
The first known example of platinum goes back to prehistoric times in South America – where a small head statue is known to have been shaped out of the metal.
English physician William Hyde Wollaston obtained the first pure sample in 1801 and his methods still form the basis of the techniques which produce platinum today.
The largest deposits ever found were in South Africa in 1924 by German geologist Hans Merensky.
Thing is, you need to know the facts about platinum & gold to make an informed decision.
* Platinum is harder & stronger than gold.
* Platinum is almost twice the price of gold.
* Platinum is 60% denser than gold thus heavier.
* Platinum jewelery including yours is most often 85% pure compared to only 75% for 18 carat gold.
* Platinum jewelery is non-allergenic & doesn’t react with all skin types.
* Platinum will scratch less than gold but still needs to be well taken care of.
* Your platinum diamond rings requires a higher level of craftsmanship and requires great skill to work them.
More popular Rings
The power and romance of diamonds
Could titanium rings be the future of gemstone rings?
* Look for the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) approved markings on platinum engagement rings.
These International standards are; “950 Plat.” or “950 Pt.,” “900 Plat.”or “900 Pt.,” 850 Plat.” or “850 Pt.
Pt stands for; Parts Per Thousand.
If your budget is not a factor, it would be better to opt for a platinum diamond ring.
If money is a bit tight, you can go for the next best thing and get a white gold diamond ring.